Friday, June 14, 2019

When you delete project in android studio by mistake

Few minutes ago, I had almost been dying after deleting my project by mistake, I tried some third-party recovery softwares. Though it had restored some files(.gitignore, .class, etc..), really most-helpful files(in my case, kotlin files) were not recovered.

Luckily, I found a solution before shutdown the android studio then it saved me to recover the complete project with all files.

If you delete a project in android studio and are still remaining the studio open, you can recover your project.

On Menubar, VCS -> Local History -> Show History.

Then window like below picture would be shown.

how to recover misdelete by android studio history

(Because I had deleted the project after creating new-project, In history it was recorded as EXTERNAL CHANGE)

Right-click the log, and click revert. it's done.

I hope it would save you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[osx command] file or folder monitoring

1. command fswatch [file or folder to monitor] | xargs -I {} echo $(date) {} >> [log file name] ...